Sunday, September 20, 2009

My Interview With: Tiron "Roni" DeGrassi (RUNNER'S MOON: TIRON)

LM: Please welcome Tiron "Roni" DeGrassi, our guest today! Hello, Roni! Thank you for taking a day off from work to be with us. How do you like being a forest ranger?

RD: Hello, Linda! I love it. I feel... there are days I wonder how I got so lucky to end up with a mate like Thom, and live in a place as beautiful as Tumbril Harbor. The job is an added bonus. I keep thinking I'm going to wake up and discover it was all a dream.

LM: Well, I hate to be the bearer of good news, but it's not a dream, Roni."

RD: I know. Isn't it great?

LM: Have there been any repercussions from the events tha happened in Crescent City?

RD: What kind of repercussions? You mean, with Cowven?

LM: Or the girls you used to work with.

RD: I had to give my deposition to the courts. When his trial comes up, I'll need to go back to testify.

LM: But you don't see any problems?

RD: Are you asking me if there's a chance the man won't be spending the rest of his life in prison? No, not a chance.

LM: Once he's sentenced, you can put that whole episode, and everything that's happened in Crescent City, and finally leave it behind.

RD: Finally, thank goodness.

LM: Is there anything about your home world that you miss? That Earth cannot provide for you?

RD: (pause) Well, other than the fact that the plants and food on our world is different from yours, there's nothing that I miss to the point that I would want to go back there.

LM: If there was ever a chance that you and the other Ruinos could return to your world, would you?

RD: Oooh, that's a hard one. Let's just say that if that option ever came available, or a necessity, I would go only if Thom could be with me.

LM: Could he survive there, do you think?

RD: Gosh, why are you giving me the hard questions? (laughs) I don't know. I don't think he could, unless he could adapt to the source of nouishments we have there. We breathe oxygen, and the gravity is heavier, but that shouldn't pose any problems. (laughs) Now you got me curious. Next time the family gets together, I'll bring this up.

LM: I'd love to hear your thoughts on the matter. It should be interesting!

RD: I'll give you a call and tell you what we decided.

LM: It's a deal! Thank you again for a very interesting conversation, Roni. And here's wishing you many, many happy years.

RD: Thank you!

No comments: