- Upcoming Releases
- Fantasy/Contemporary Fantasy/Urban Fantasy Romances
- Paranormal Romances
- Sci-Fi Romances
- Carolyn Gregg's Books
- Gail Smith's Books
- Lynn Gayle's Christian Romances
- Free Reads
- Anthologies & Collections
- Sweet Romances
- Holiday-Themed Romances
- Hip Pocket Romances
- Contemporary Romances
- Privacy Statement
Monday, June 14, 2021
Sunday, June 13, 2021
Six on Sunday - Six paragraphs from ROBBERY ON THE HIGH SEAS, Noir Fairy Tales, Book 4
1. Rob stared at the swells. He could go after the boat himself, and make damn better time. Neither would they be able to get away from him. Not when he was in his other form. But doing so would create more problems, namely giving himself away. Non-statics were already aware that he was one of them. That wasn’t the difficulty. Grimm City was mostly populated with nons. It just wasn’t kosher to ask what they turned into. Not only was it bad manners, but in a lot of cases, against the law. In some instances, it would be the same as asking a human to strip to reveal their gender.
2. She wasn’t a beautiful woman. Not the kind that turned heads, or graced the covers of magazines. But when she smiled, it was as if she bloomed with an inner light. It was at that moment Rob realized she was a static. A changeling who didn’t change. Not quite human, but something very ethereal, heavy emphasis on the “real.” Inadvertently, his good eye went to her back. Did she have wings underneath that blue blouse? Or was she something a little more earthbound?
3. “Rob!” She shrieked again, and it seemed her cry gradually faded away. He had no idea what had happened to her until two pairs of hands latched onto his arms and jerked him to his feet. Something struck him at waist level, when he suddenly realized it was the railing. He knew what was about to happen seconds before he felt himself being lifted and heaved overboard.
4. Rob and Naia each took a seat in the two leather chairs to avoid getting sea water all over the man’s cabin. Even so, puddles began forming on the floor beneath their feet. Rob noticed how everyone’s gaze didn’t miss the obvious scaly legs and fins revealed below Naia’s gown. The crew members who’d escorted them here made it obvious they wanted nothing to do with her, and even refused to touch her once they’d realized what she was. Naia didn’t seem to find their behavior unusual, but it was hard to miss the flashes of sorrow that crossed her lovely face.
5. Reaching up, she placed a palm to his cheek. He met her halfway to take her lips with his in a kiss that melted her down to her fins. She was barely aware of him lifting her into his lap until she felt the hardness of his chest against hers. He held her tightly yet tenderly, careful not to crush her. Then, surprisingly, he broke the kiss and nuzzled her neck, placing light kisses on her shoulder.
6. Naia ignored the Mako’s scream of agony and launched herself in the direction of the departing ship. She had to get away from here and up where these creatures couldn’t reach her. She didn’t dare look behind her to see what was happening between the two sharks. She didn’t dare question why the third shark had gone around her to specifically target the Mako. All she could think of at the moment was reaching Rob and saving him from drowning…or worse.
Saturday, June 12, 2021
Friday, June 11, 2021
Wednesday, June 9, 2021
Tuesday, June 8, 2021
HIS BATTLE LORD'S CURSE
Book 8 of The Battle Lord Saga
Word Count: 65.9K
$3.99 e / $9.99 p / $19.95 a
Length: 7 hrs, 5 min
Hear a Sample
Warning! Containscontamination, infestation, rats and possums and bears (oh, my!), revenge stew, a proposal, the start of a beautiful relationship, and a series of catastrophic losses that could include Yulen and Atty's children if the battle lord isn't able to stop a madman from fulfilling his promise.
Monday, June 7, 2021
Noir Fairy Tales, Book 4
(Based on "The Little Mermaid")
Paranormal, Fantasy Romance
Word Count: 36.7K
Special Agent Rob Ariello has been assigned to go undercover on a cruise to Ireland for a month to protect the duke and duchess of Edelweiss. A thief has been targeting the richest of the rich, and this couple could make them more than wealthy. Rob’s job is to make sure that doesn’t happen.
Naia Meer is a civilian tagged to help with the mission because of her “special abilities”, but what are they? She’s posing as Rob’s wife, but even he doesn’t know. All he knows is she’s a static, and he finds himself being drawn to the redheaded beauty as time passes. He knows he shouldn’t mix business with pleasure, but he almost can’t help himself.
He soon learns that someone on the ship knows who they both are, and they want them dead. Who can Rob and Naia trust? The couple’s job is to stop the jewel thief, but can they protect each other in the meantime? When the truth about their real natures surface, can they look past their prejudices and follow their hearts?
Warning! Contains secret missions; corned beef on rye (with a big fat juicy pickle slice); damn mushrooms; sharks, sharks, and more sharks; and two people thrown together who discover they should be enemies, but can't deny the growing attraction between them.