Wednesday, September 30, 2009

My Interview With: Annie (the "Thunder" trilogy)

LM: To finish, here are the questions and answers from Annie.

Q: Do you miss Earth? And if so, what do you miss the most?

Annie: I miss everything! I miss the food the most, but I also miss the holidays. I miss ice cream and peaches. I miss corn on the cob dripping with butter. I miss the smell of apple pies cooling on the window sills, and the taste of cold apple cider fresh from the press. I miss having fried chicken on Sundays, and fresh, churned butter on bread I just took out of the oven. I miss celebrating Christmas, singing carols, decorating the tree, and going into town to see the lights strung down main street. I could go on and on, but I think that's enough for now.

Q: Is there something you would like one of the warrior angels to bring back the next time they come through the rifts?

Annie: A dog. Maybe a little shepherd or a collie. Or even a mixed breed. I don't care. I grew up around dogs, and I would love for Kerr to be able to have a dog to play with and grow up with, too.

Q: What is the best thing about your new home, your new world?

Annie: Other than Rion and our son, Chloe and Vadon. The weather here is wonderful, too. The temperatures usually hover between fifty and eighty degrees Fahrenheit, from what I could decipher from their temperature guides. Snow is rare, unless you want to go up into the mountains. The down side are the storms, but they're brief, and I'm getting used to them. And you should see our sunrises and sunsets!

Q: If you could change one thing about your life with Rion, what would it be?

Annie: I would repair his wings, and make him able to fly the rifts again. Even though Rion has told me he would never walk those pathways again because he feared not being able to come back to me, I would be much happier if he was as healthy now as he was before he landed in Montana.

Q: Have you tried to introduce some traditions at your new home?

Annie: We celebrate Christmas now. And anniversaries. That's pretty much it.

Q: To close, is there anything you want your readers to know about your life and what we can expect in WINGS OF THUNDER?

Annie: Only that everyone's greatest fear comes true. Other than that, I'll leave you hanging.

No comments: