10. The Hero and Heroine have had a huge spat and are no longer talking to each other.
9. Your intended publisher has already accepted a book with the exact same premise.
8 Your critique partner has to rush to the bathroom after reading it.
7. You’ve mentioned it 4 times already in a chatroom, and nobody remembers it.
6. Your muse decides to go on vacation.
5. When you try to open the file, your computer keeps giving you an error.
4. You keep getting interrupted by a hundred other things that needed your immediate attention, and by the time you get back to the story, you can’t recall what you were writing about.
3. You’ve written so many Post-It notes to yourself about the details, your share of stock has risen.
2. The sex scenes have gone from XXX to PG.
And the Number 1 Sign That Tells You It’s Time To Abandon Your Current WIP
1. The plot can be summed up as Colonel Mustard, with a pipe, in the library.