Friday, June 20, 2008

New Contract! And this one is very special to me.

Whiskey Creek Press Torrid just contracted Passion of Thunder, and I am almost moved to tears.

You see, back in 2005, I self-published its predecessor Lord of Thunder. It was my first ever book to see print. Yes, it was with Xlibris, a subsidiary of Random House, but to see my dream to come true was a feeling only another writer could understand.

But it really wasn't "published". Worse, I was a neophyte about marketing. In all, I probably sold two dozen copies, if that many.

Yet, the book kept crying to be a trilogy. I wrote Passion, then outlined book 3, Wings of Thunder.

Roll forward a few years. Now I'm with several wonderful houses. My contract with Xlibris was over, so I requested my rights back, polished LoT until it shone, plus added another 10,000+ more words (e.g. love scenes). Keeping my fingers crossed, I sent it in. I wanted to see this culmination to come to full fruition.

WCPT took LoT for their 2009 lineup. YES! Then came my personal trial by fire. Would they take the sequel? And this is truly a sequel. Unlike my Runner's Moon trilogy, where each book features a different couple, my Thunder series has the same hero and heroine. Altogether, all three books, will read like one enormous novel broken into three parts.

Well, I am proud to say that WCPT wants Passion (is there a pun or double entendre somewhere in there? :) Which leaves me to get my butt in gear and finish Wings.

Meanwhile, here's a sneak peek at Passion of Thunder. If you want to catch a look at book 1, Lord of Thunder, hop over to my website or YouTube and check it out! :D



No comments: