Saturday, June 16, 2012

THANK YOU to the Creatures of the Nyght!

Last Saturday evening I had the distinct pleasure to be the guest author at the monthly bookclub meeting of the Creatures of the Nyght in Houston. (It was also a potluck supper, so you could really call it a night with "dinner and entertainment".)

By choice, they had read AEquana, my fantasy romance novel where the heroine is a mermaid and the hero is an ex-military Native American.
After we'd eaten, we discussed the book in detail, and I was asked numerous questions, which I had a blast answering.

But before that began, Nicole, my hostess, had made a crossword puzzle of the book! (Which gave me a great idea for future contests!) The winner of the puzzle got to pick her choice of one of my other books that I had brought to share and discuss. I also gifted everyone with a pen. In return, they gifted me with a card that everyone had signed, and an adorable mermaid mirror and a lovely mermaid necklace, both hand-crafted! (Both of which are now hanging in my office.)

Many, many thanks again to everyone there, for a wonderful gathering and discussion. And more importantly, for the morale boost. Last Saturday means more to me than you will ever know. You were fabulous hosts!

Bless you all!

No comments: