Friday, July 2, 2010

Movie Review - CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF MEATBALLS

Yes, I watch animated movies.  I do so for several reasons:

* I teach Kindergarten, and sometimes on rare occurrances, I'll show a movie if it deals with something we're studying, or if there's an "off" day, like the Last Day of School.

* Animated movies tend to leave you with a really good feeling.  A warm fuzzy.

* Most animated movies are based on beloved children's books, like this one.  So it makes for a great Compare/Contrast,

* Finally, I LIKE animated movies.  Admit it - you'll rent one to "watch with your kids", but you'll get just as much of a kick out of it as they do.  Maybe more so!

Get this movie and watch it.  Look for the "in jokes", like the nod to Independence Day and Shatner's Twilight Zone episode where he's an airline passenger.  From the moment the giant banana knocks the Paramount statue off of her pedestal, you know you're in for a treat.

And as an added plus, for those of you who like to listen to movie soundtracks, this one is fantastic!

I give this a 5 out of 5, and this warning:
Don't be surprised if you find yourself growing hungry during and afterwards.

No comments: