- Upcoming Releases
- Contemporary Romances
- Fantasy/Contemporary Fantasy/Urban Fantasy Romances
- Paranormal Romances
- Sci-Fi Romances
- Sweet Romances
- Holiday-Themed Books
- Carolyn Gregg's Books
- Gail Smith's Books
- Lynn Gayle's Christian Romances
- Hip Pocket Romances
- Free Reads
- Privacy Statement
Sunday, September 18, 2011
Six on Sunday - DEEP
An erotic sci-fi romance
Available from Whiskey Creek Press Torrid
1. For a split second she caught the reflection of herself in the mirror above the collapsible sink. Her hand involuntarily lifted to touch her cheek. Angrily, she straightened up and glared back at her image. “It's over,” she told herself firmly. “For the next two years there's nothing holding you back. Nothing. Got that?”
2. When she stepped out of the stall, her eyes immediately went to the mirror above the dinky sink. To her surprise, Deep's image was staring back at her. If she didn't know any better, he looked hurt. She opened her mouth to make a comment about his expression when she noticed his eyes gliding down her body in a slow perusal. The effect on her body took her aback. A nice hot bubble of lust burst between her legs, leaving her tingly and unfulfilled. Its hard edginess twisted in her womb, and sexual desire sizzled brightly, mixing with her blood in her veins. For a moment Lawn wondered if she might be able to slide back into bed and masturbate herself into a reasonable state of satisfaction. There was no way she could avoid the fact that Deep's holographic image was the sexiest thing she had seen in a very long time.
3. “I got…” She couldn't think. Training and the instinct for survival were driving her as she frantically tried to claw her way over the buoy's hull for something to grasp. There was no room for her to put another finger inside the connector. Lawn grew terrified that the buoy would rip her finger off her hand. If that happened, it would also tear the glove, and the breach in her suit would mean instant death.
4. Incredulously, she remained mute and watched as Deep‟s holo image reached for her injured hand. As his ghostlike fingers touched hers, three smaller extensions slid out of the metal rod. The faux fingers appeared to slip into alignment with Deep‟s as though they were slipping into a glove. So when he cupped her hand in his, Lawn felt the metal rods gently touch her.
5. No. That couldn't be right. It had to be his image was frozen as the ship dealt with cooking her breakfast and whatever other inner workings it had to simultaneously keep track of. Regardless, seeing him there gave her a very naughty sense of voyeurism. She remembered the hard-on she thought she'd seen earlier and debated whether she should try to see if she could have him produce another one, but common sense kept telling her it would be a futile gesture. On the other hand, the little devil sitting on her shoulder asked, “Hell, why not? Consider it an experiment…of sorts. After all, he's a ship, for crying out loud!”
6. “Do you think I planned to fall in love?” he asked her, before giving a little chuckle. “Hell, I didn't even know I was capable of such an emotion. But I should have known. I should have expected it. I mean, I can feel hate. Disgust. Curiosity. Happiness. Why not love?”