- Upcoming Releases
- Contemporary Romances
- Fantasy/Contemporary Fantasy/Urban Fantasy Romances
- Paranormal Romances
- Sci-Fi Romances
- Sweet Romances
- Holiday-Themed Books
- Carolyn Gregg's Books
- Gail Smith's Books
- Lynn Gayle's Christian Romances
- Hip Pocket Romances
- Free Reads
- Privacy Statement
Thursday, November 18, 2010
Pumpkin Spice or Apple Pie Playdough
Pumpkin Spice Playdough
5 1/2 cups flour
8 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 1/2 ounces pumpkin pie spice
2 cups salt
3/4 cups oil
4 cups water
orange food coloring (2 parts yellow to 1 part red or orange gel coloring)
1. Mix all ingredients together in a heavy bottomed sauce pan.
2. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until dough forms. The mixture becomes very thick so a big wooden spoon works well for stirring.
3. When a ball begins to form, transfer dough to a floured surface. Knead the dough until it is smooth.
4. When dough is cool store in an air tight container.
Apple Pie Play Dough Recipe
3 cups flour
2 tablespoons oil
3 cups water
1 1/2 cups salt
2 tablespoons cream of tartar
a few tablespoons each of ground cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves
1. Whisk all ingredients together in a large heavy bottomed sauce pan.
2. Stir constantly over medium heat. The mixture will be soupy for several minutes and then suddenly it will stick together and form a rough ball.
3. When it thickens and sticks together, remove the pan from the heat and continue stirring.
4. Turn the hot ball onto a floured surface, and began kneading as it cools.
5. Sprinkle the spices onto the dough and continue kneading.
6. Store in a large zip-lock bag or other air tight container.