Tuesday, July 17, 2012

How to (Make) Love (To) an Alien - My Galaxy Fest Presentation, Part 1

This week I'll be uploading my presentation that I gave at Galaxy Fest up in Roswell, NM. The lecture was not meant to be serious or thought provoking, as most of the other key notes were. Instead, it's a light-hearted look at "Romancing the Alien" through the past few decades via television, movies, and books. The original, of course, was a slide show presentation. Here you're going to get the original photos and accompanying dialog.

Enjoy!
* * *

Hello! Good afternoon, and thank you for coming. Especially those of you who came to take notes. How are you enjoying the festival so far? If at any time you wish to ask a question, please don't hesitate.


This session was originally entitled "How to Make Love to an Alien". That was the PG version.


It's now called "How to Love an Alien". Don't tell anyone, but you're still getting the PG version.


My name is Linda Mooney. I am a best-selling and award-winning author of sci-fi, fantasy, and paranormal romance. I write for Carina Press/Harlequin, Whiskey Creek Press Torrid, New Concepts Publishing, and Red Rose Publishing.


I also write horror under the pseudonym of Gail Smith.


Every Monday night, starting at 11 P.M. eastern, I host a Blog Talk Radio program called "Other Worlds of Romance", where I interview other authors of the sci-fi, fantasy, and paranormal genres. But what makes the show unique is that the authors read a ten- to fifteen-minute excerpt from their books. For a link to the talk show, you can go to my website, Linda Mooney (dot) com.

When I'm not writing or hosting, I teach Kindergarten, and have been an educator since 1976. You do the math.  I have a BM and an M&M -- that's a Bachelor and Master of Music Education, from Texas A&M University in Kingsville.

But enough digressing. Let's get back to the reason why you're here.

To be continued Wednesday...

No comments: