Available from Whiskey Creek Press Torrid
1. The woman was covered so completely, only her face was visible. Oh, but what a face. It was the face of a world-class model. Young, with perfect angles and not a blemish to be seen. Lightly arched brows were the color of caramels. She was wearing a shapeless shift in a bluish-gray color. A scarf in similar shades was tied over her head, hiding the rest of her hair. But that face, those ripe lips…and those eyes.
2. “That's not what I mean, and you damn well know it.” Her head swiveled in Sam‟s direction. “You, Detective, I have no problem with. But you.” She turned back to Kiel. “There's something about you that's throwing all my beliefs into a meat grinder and grinding them to bits. You have the aura, but I can touch you. What's going on, Detective? You frighten me, and I don't like this feeling. Not one bit. If I'm going to help you solve this case, we need to be upfront with each other, and now. Or else I'm going to have to call your captain back and tell him to send me two other men, or I'm bowing out.” She paused, and Kiel could hear her racing heart. He could also see her visibly attempting to slow down her breathing.
3. Pausing outside of apartment number 316, Sam gave him a nod to go ahead. Sounding a quick sigh, Kiel tore off the tape barring them from entering and gave the handle a little jiggle to make it sound like he was using a key to open the door. Then he quickly went through the steel partition, into the apartment, and unlocked the door from the other side. J wore a little smile but said nothing, and for a second he wondered if the woman was aware of the little trick he'd pulled. Mentally shrugging, Kiel decided not to say anything unless she brought it up first. They were here to investigate a triple homicide, not discuss the attributes of a man who had died over a month ago.
4. She no longer cared about the implications or the impossibility of the situation. Lifting her arms, she felt his wide, strong shoulders and the soft short hairs at the nape of his neck as he bent his face and pressed his mouth to her neck. His arms, like wide bands of warm steel, drew her against his chest, pressing her tightly against him. To be held like this fed her soul. It bathed her parched heart with life-giving hope, and there was no way she could doubt how he felt about her. Love had its own color because she had seen it in her parents, in Douggie, and shining out of Grandmama. And this blinding beacon of light was edged in that same color like a second aura.
5. Sam ran, snatching J, then dashed past the apartment once again to reach the stairs. As he passed the open door he could barely made out a dark shape hovering like a cloud over Kiel‟s head as his brother faced the killer one-on-one. Neither he nor J made a sound as they half-ran, half-stumbled down the four flights of stairs and burst through the door into the apartment lobby. He paused a second to get his bearings, slightly disoriented because of the way they had been forced to go the back way this time. J started to say something when he tightened his grip around her waist and almost dragged her out the rear entrance.
6. She didn't stop screaming until the police burst through the door leading from the stairwell, to face the carnage and its one lone blind survivor.
Erotic Paranormal/Horror Romance Novel
Whiskey Creek Press Torrid
(ebook) ISBN# 978-1-60313-954-0
(print) ISBN# 978-1-61160-110-7
Word Count: 61.5K
If you were murdered by a stranger, wouldn’t you want the chance to be able to come back and find out who killed you? And why?
J was born blind, but she could "see" things. Her gift has always helped the police find such things as missing persons, serial killers... a ghost or two.
Detective Kiel Stark has worked homicide for eight years, but he has never met this mysterious Seer his fellow officers claim could almost perform miracles. Not until a gruesome triple homicide has his superiors calling in the reserved woman to help with the case.
Now Stark is faced with a double threat. Not only is he finding himself dangerously attracted to the mysterious beauty, but she could very well discover his own carefully guarded secret—a secret that could bring an end to his career, his way of life, and any future he had hoped to have.
Warning! Contains disturbing images, the living dead, revenge gone wrong, drug deals gone bad, and two people facing an impossible love without any chance for a future.