- Upcoming Releases
- Contemporary Romances
- Fantasy/Contemporary Fantasy/Urban Fantasy Romances
- Paranormal Romances
- Sci-Fi Romances
- Sweet Romances
- Holiday-Themed Books
- Carolyn Gregg's Books
- Gail Smith's Books
- Lynn Gayle's Christian Romances
- Hip Pocket Romances
- Free Reads
- Privacy Statement
Sunday, December 26, 2010
A Year in Retrospect, and 3 Goals for 2011
So this coming year I'm setting some new goals for myself. These aren't quite resolutions, but more like recognizing problems I had in the past, and trying to avoid them in the future.
1. Don't Push It. I've had that 1000 words per day goal of writing for several years now, and reaching it hasn't been too much of a hassle, but there have been times I would get the 1 pg/500 words, then no further. I will try to be satisfied with reaching what I can, and then giving it a rest. Otherwise, there's a chance I could burn out.
2. Read More. I was tired of the same old same old coming out. I'm going to see if I can't invest in some new authors and genres, just to give myself some new perspectives.
3. Take a Few More Chances. Getting out of my comfort zone landed me a contract at Carina Press, and I'm thrilled. I'm going to see if I can't get on with another new publisher in 2011. The results can only be a win-win.