Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Gift Themes

Several years ago, just to do something different, I began Gift Themes.  Basically, I picked an idea out of the air, and every month I would send my mother and best friend a "little something" that related to that theme.  On their birthdays and Christmas, the theme would be included on/with every gift.  Also, I would include one item that would hint at their theme for the following year.

This practice caught on with my friend, who does the same now to me. We've since traded themes with sunflowers, roses, fruit, dragonflies, coffee, monkeys, teapots, bracelets, bath soaps, etc., for several years.


For my theme this next year, my friend has presented me a yearly subscription to FOODZIE.  Every month I receive a small box (the size of a child's shoe box) filled with lots of tidbits of strange and unusual, but very tasty food items.  So far I've had baked Parmesian chips, bacon-flavored peanut brittle, beef jerky marinated in soy sauce, organic caramel popcorn with sea salt, cranberry beans, and some wonderful dark and slightly bitter chocolates.  And that's just a few of the items (5-7 per box, depending on what's on the menu).  Since I love to snack while I write, these items are sinfully delicious.

I've never heard of this company before now, but if you're not afraid to try something different, you might want to check them out.

No comments: