Friday, April 24, 2009

I Just Got Screwed! Grr!

And I have no one to blame but myself.

Back in 2006, when I was a struggling writer and I knew NOTHING about epublishing or epublishers, I sent two of my books to PUBLISH AMERICA. Yeah, that place.

Their contract is for 7 years, so I won't get my books back before 2013. But they're starting to sell now. So when PA offered its authors 45% off - plus for every book I buy, I get 1 free - I jumped on it to buy 10 copies of one of my books to refill my inventory.

Now, this book is 94K words. I have books with WCPT that are that bigger, and they sell for $17.95 in trade paperback. PA has my book at $24.95!

Okay. So I ordered 10 books, and thus I get 10 "free". But here's where I was ROYALLY RIPPED OFF. PA is shipping me my books after charging me $3.99 PER BOOK FOR SHIPPING. That's 20 books shipped for $79.80!
Grrrrrr!

No comments: