Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A Small Beef


Nothing can put me in a sour mood as quickly as coupons. More specifically, coupons that are attached to an item, giving you an additional $.50 to $1.00 or more off automatically at the register.

These would all be fine and good if the cashier actually took them off!

Okay, some of you may say, "Well, Linda, it's your responsibility to peel off the coupon, and then hand it over to the cashier when she's ringing you up."

- or -

"You need to point out the coupon to the cashier so she can take it off and deduct it."

I'm sorry, but I'm old. I forget sometimes to give the cashier the coupons. There have been days I get home and find the coupons still in my pants pocket where I'd stuffed them so they wouldn't get lost. More often than not, I find the coupon still attached to the item when I'm putting away the groceries.

Yes, I know that compared to world peace and global warming, this is an insignificant matter. But to me, it's just... irritating.

No comments: