Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Do You Know What Year This Was?

 If they think I'll pay 30 cents for a haircut, forget it.     


No one can afford to be sick anymore.  At $15.00 a day in the hospital, it's too rich for my blood.     

There is no sense going on short trips any more for a weekend.  It  costs nearly $2.00 a night to stay in a hotel.     

The fast food restaurant is convenient for a quick meal, but I seriously doubt they will ever catch on.     


I'm afraid the Volkswagen car is going to open the door to a whole lot of foreign business.     


It's too bad things are so tough nowadays. I see where a few married women are having to work  to make ends meet.  It won't be long before young couples are going to have to hire someone to watch their kids so they can both work.



I never thought I'd see the day all our kitchen appliances would be electric. They're even making electric typewriters now.     


Did you see where some baseball player just signed a contract for $50,000 a year just to play ball? It wouldn't surprise me if someday they'll be making more than the President.     


When I first started driving, who would have thought gas would someday cost 25 cents a gallon? Guess we'd be better off leaving the car in the garage.


Did you hear the post office is thinking about charging

7 cents  just to mail a letter?     


 


The year was 1955.


No comments: