Sunday, May 21, 2023

News Regarding Amazon's Price Restructuring for Paperback Books

In case you haven't heard (or perhaps you have), Amazon has informed authors who have their paperback books listed on Amazon that they have restructured the pricing for those books due to the increased cost of paper, printing, etc.

In other words, they are raising the price of ALL paperback books.

This is something we authors have little control over. We are left with two major conundrums: either we raise our prices and risk not selling as many print copies as we'd like, or we can keep the prices as they are and earn practically ZERO royalties. As you've probably already guessed, authors are going with the price increase.

Which means I'm going to have to adjust my website to reflect those new prices.  With over 175 books available in print, it's going to take some time to get that work done. I do all my blogs and website myself (on top of my writing). I don't have a PA or anyone else to do it for me.

So please be patient if you see a PRINT book listed for a certain price on my website but higher on Amazon. I will eventually get all that straightened out.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Linda

No comments: