Sunday, July 14, 2019

Six on Sunday - MIRACLE of Hope, the Miracle Trilogy, Book 3

Six paragraphs from MIRACLE of Hope, the Miracle Trilogy, Book 3.

1. 
She glanced over to see him intently staring at her. Nodding, she went back to her burger, but she no longer had an appetite. She didn’t know what would occur once she met the demons. Once they had their final showdown. She didn’t know if she would survive, or if any of them would survive, including Coheed.

2. “That you’re terrified of losing her.” Gilly pointed toward the diner. “She’s not dead, but she’s not alive, either. I haven’t figured out exactly why she was chosen, same as you, but I have a pretty good idea. And if I’m right, you know as well as I do that her human half may not survive this final battle.” He dropped his voice. “She could be lost to you for all eternity, and that scares the crap out of you, doesn’t it, Coheed? You know you could lose her forever because God may not allow her to be resurrected a second time.”

3. “In the past, every time the demons managed to capture me, they always taunted me. They called me names like ‘little mouse,’ like I was one of those rodents scientists use to experiment on.” Seeing the two men intently paying attention, she continued. “Well, this time, they didn’t just call me ‘little mouse.’ They called me an angel mouse, and they asked me where my wings were.” She shook her head. “Why would they call me that? Is it because of you?” She turned to Coheed. “If it’s one thing I’ve learned since I was resurrected, it’s that those things don’t say or do anything without a damn good reason. Oh, and by the way, they also pretty much told me that the final showdown out in the middle of nowhere wasn’t going to happen. That they were not going to let it happen. How would they know about that?”

4. Sliding her arms around his neck, she pressed herself tighter against him. “I don’t know how much longer we’ll have together. But I don’t want to waste any opportunity we have to love each other. I don’t care if sex between an angel and a mortal isn’t allowed. I love you, Coheed. It’s going to tear me apart to lose you.”

5. He hit the brake and jerked the wheel to the right. Their vehicle slid onto the shoulder and plowed against the guard rail. A high-pitched scream burned her ears with metal screeching across metal as they careened along the edge of the highway.

6. Quickly, Casi stripped naked, tossing her clothing to the side, then readjusted her grip on the cold bar. She didn’t want to go out into the freezing weather, but she knew she was only delaying the inevitable. Meanwhile, more trucks pulled up to the building, some with their headlights on, most of them without. The parking lot overflowed, and she could see more of them coming in the distance. She could barely make out the trucks’ back doors opening, and dozens upon dozens of those creatures exiting the cargo containers.

Blurb, Excerpt, and Buy Links

No comments: