Monday, January 8, 2018

Monday Movie Review - BEYOND SKYLINE

First off, let me admit that I liked Skyline, even though its ending was poignant and left a lot to be desired. But the story was original, and the effects top-notch.

Beyond Skyline is the sequel, and takes place at approximately the same time the first movie does. Frank Grillo heads this mostly unknown cast in a movie with a lot more action scenes and conflicts than the original. Again, the special FX are superb.

I do have one major beef, and that's because some characters were "brought back" for this installment, but they weren't portrayed by the original actors, which I feel would have enhanced the story considerably.

But I enjoyed this flick as much as the first one. Many of the plot points in the first film are "repeated" in the second, giving the two movies continuity. And kudos for the twist at the end. I never saw it coming, and that was a pleasant surprise.

I own a copy of Skyline. Don't know if I'll add this one to my permanent collection, but I do heartily suggest that you

Even though this movie can stand on its own, I strongly recommend you see the first movie beforehand, just to appreciate the flow of the plot threads.

No comments: