Monday, October 29, 2012

Today is the Last Day of the Howloween Blog Hop!

Today is the last day of the Howloween Blog Hop, and I want to thank all the people who have been participating!

Yesterday's excerpt was from X-Troller, and my winners are:

Ebook - Cherry ganzer
Amazon gift card - Merry (I need your email addy!)
Starbucks gift card - vitajex

Remember, just posting a comment could make you a winner! Don't forget to include your email address. And International posts are more than welcome!

Now, on to today's excerpt.
***
When you’re that scared, you can’t scream. When you’re so terrified that everything you do comes from that primal need to save yourself, you don’t think. You just DO.

I kicked with my other foot, catching the side of his skull. I heard a popping, sucking sound, like when you take a Tootsie Pop from your lips. The dead thing’s head still clung to my jeans, but it was no longer attached to the body. The hand managed to grab my jeans on the same leg. Incredibly it tried to pull itself up toward my waist and chest area.

My revulsion was like thick waves of vomit. Somewhere inside me I found the courage and ability to reach down with both hands and take hold of the skeletal claws. I can’t begin to tell you what they felt like, but what I remember most is how cold they were.

I pulled on the claws until they released me. With a couple more good solid kicks, I knocked the skull away. Then, by placing the bottom of my feet to its chest area, I rolled backwards and cartwheeled it over my head. It landed on its back where it remained motionless, or motionless long enough for me to grab my stuff and run for it.

6 comments:

pgeorgiap said...

Really not sure about this one, but I'm goonna go with: JOURNAL!

Thank you Linda!

pgeorgiap@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much, Linda! Today's is from JOURNAL, I believe.

vitajex(at)aol(dot)com

Misha said...

Such a great hop, Linda~ thank you so much for all the fun!

Eep, zombies! This one is from JOURNAL

MostlyMisha[at]gmail[dot]com

Dovile said...

I too think it's from Journal.

spamscape [at] gmail [dot] com

Ann Q said...

JOURNAL which is written under the name, Gail Smith. annpa@gmail.com

Linda Mooney said...

Ann Q, Please get in touch with me! Thanks!