Monday, October 30, 2017

Please Welcome Deborah A. Bailey as She Tells Us About Her Paranormal Romance Novella, ONCE UPON A PRINCESS: BEAUTY AND THE FAUN

Once Upon a Princess: Beauty and the Faun

In this short and sexy "fairy tale" paranormal romance novella, a princess finds that love with a shifter hero is not without complications - but there is always a happily-ever-after.
Kayla, a poor young woman runs away when her rich uncle and aunt arrange her marriage to a shifter prince from another land. Her uncle needs gold to settle his debts and the king is offering a great reward if he can obtain a willing bride for his son.
But Kayla's plans to hide in the Great Forest hit a snag when two mischievous fauns find her and deliver her to a very sexy faun shifter who is ready to teach Kayla a thing or two about life and love.

(Also available on Kindle Unlimited)

Excerpt 

What are you fellows doing here?" A man walked out of the darkness and stood with his hands perched on his hips. About a foot and a half taller than Ren and Loren, he also had small horns and pointed ears. "Who is this?"
"I don't know. She was running away," Ren said.
"Then cut her loose," the man ordered.
Loren complied, easily cutting through the limbs holding her in place. A few hacks and Kayla fell to the ground.
"Thank you," she rubbed her arms, then slowly came to her feet. "I was telling them that I was running away." When she looked up, she noticed that they were all examining her with the same smile on their faces.
Kayla looked down and immediately wanted to run away again. All her clothes were gone, the remains were tattered bits of cloth on the ground. "Oh my! Stop looking." She wrapped her arms across her chest. Then realized that wasn't exactly covering everything, so she moved one hand further down.
"That's not helping," Ren said.
"I still don’t understand why she didn’t wear clothes when she ran away," Loren remarked.
"That tree – bush – whatever tore them off me." Kayla stamped her foot, unable to gesture without revealing everything. "I'm cold. Can we have this discussion another time?"
"You're right," the man bowed to her. "My name is Del. I'll take you somewhere to get warm."
"Del? That's an odd name," she remarked.
"Not as odd as being a naked woman in the forest after midnight. Unless of course she was here to meet a few satyrs."
"Well, I'm not." The nerve of him! "Is that what you are?"
The boys laughed, but stopped when they saw Del's annoyed expression.
"My good lady, I'm a faun. So are Ren and Loren. You come into my forest and compare me to a satyr? I should leave you right here." 

No comments: