Saturday, December 28, 2013

A Battle Lord Conundrum - Should I or Shouldn't I?

Back in 2006 when I wrote the first book of the Battle Lord Saga, The Battle Lord's Lady, I had initially intended to have at least four books in the series. Two more books later, in 2007, I knew I wanted to continue Atty and Yulen's story through their children. I even knew their names, their "uniquenesses", and I had rough drafts of their stories. But I also knew I couldn't call them the Battle Lord Saga. That title was exclusively for Atty and Yulen.

Thus, I created:


The logo is a work in progress, but can you see my problem?

Not yet?

Well, how about if I add this?


Now do you see my problem?

Never in a million years could I anticipate this. In many ways, it's funny. But my question is this, and I'm asking for some feedback.

Should I continue to use the D'Jacques Dynasty idea and series name for Mattox, Mistelle, and Lucien D'Jacques? And risk people saying I ripped off the name from a TV series? (I actually got the idea from a History Channel show on the Chinese Ming Dynasty. I've even used the D'Jacques Dynasty term in my books.) Or should I drop the idea and try to come up with a new series title?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The quality of stories matter, not the look. Glad we'll get to know A&J as they get older.

Sorry - no idea what the duck thing was about! TJD seems good. Lots of Dynasty books around.

Linda Mooney said...

Thank you for the comment. :)