Saturday, October 27, 2012

It's Day Two of the Howloween Blog Hop!

It's a Howloween Blog Hop, and I'm highlighting my books with horrific elements. I want to congratulate my winners from yesterday! The excerpt was from CUT GLASS: JEWELS, BOOK 1 - DIAMOND. The winners are:

Ebook - Mostly Misha
Amazon gift card - Ann Q
Starbucks gift -  pgeorgiap
Remember, I'm giving away 3 prizes DAILY, so make a guess as to which book I'm highlighting, and leave your email addy when you do. All excerpts here are also posted on my website. But don't worry if you can't find it. Even a wrong answer could be a winner!

Now for my next excerpt.
***
A tiny green sign flashed by so fast, she didn’t get the chance to read it. Hitting the brakes, she put the car into reverse and backed up until she could see it again in her headlights.
Itsy 14 mi.
By God, there really was a place called Itsy. “My cup runneth over,” she dryly murmured.
The fourteen miles seemed endless. At last, she caught the faint glimmer of light on the horizon. As she drew nearer, the lights of the town became more focused. There weren’t many of them, she noted. “Probably trying to save on their electric bill.”
The city limits sign passed by.
Itsy
Pop. 221
“Oh, wow, Milton. You guys really had to scrounge to find this place, didn’t you?”
But she knew there was more to the stats than just this town. There were all the other little towns and burgs in this county, and within the surrounding counties, that the company considered. It wasn’t just the immediate population. It was the combined population that made the executives determine whether to build a RiteCost at that location or not.
Whether the locals wanted a RiteCost built in their back yards or not.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

THE TUB, I do believe...

vitajex(at)aol(dot)com

Dovile said...

My guess: The Tub

Thanks for the chance!

spamscape [at] gmail [dot] com

pgeorgiap said...

Oh that's a tricky one!

I'll go for The Tub.

Thank you!

pgeorgiap@hotmail.com

Jyl22075 said...

The Tub. :) Thanks for the giveaway!

JYL22075 at gmail dot com

BLHmistress said...

The excerpt is from The Tub.

vampiremistress2010(at)gmail(dot)com

Ann Q said...

THE TUB. I agree , who would name a town ITZY?annpa@gmail.com

Ann Q said...

THE TUB I agree, who would name a town Icky?

Shadow said...

Happy Halloween!! Thank you so much for the awesome hop and giveaway! :)
shadowluvs2read(at)gmail(dot)com