Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Walking With It

Recently, there was a news story on the ABC Evening News about the dangers of prolonged sitting behind a computer. It was the sitting, not the computer, that was causing the problems. And in the story one company had come up with a very unusual solution. It installed treadmills (referred to as a "workmill") which employees SLOWLY walked on throughout the day. A type of desk had been installed on top of the controls so that it would hold a computer monitor. As a result, the employees were seeing better health and a reduction in weight because of it.

Of course, if you're the type who can't walk and chew gum at the same time, you're screwed. But in light of the evidence, I'm thinking of sticking my laptop on top of my treadmill and seeing if I can't get some energizing out of it.

http://gizmodo.com/312920/treadmill-desk-promotes-hamster+itis

I'll keep you informed.

No comments: