Saturday, September 18, 2010

Due Voci


I came across this by accident.  I love the music of Josh Groban and Il Divo.  So one day while I was listening to Pandora, they played a song by this duo, and immediately I fell in love with the perfectly blended voices and lush orchestral accompaniment.

Due Voci (Due-eh Voh-chee) is Italian for "two voices".  But what makes this album unique is that the idea for the duo was conceived by songwriter extraordinaire Diane Warren.  Thus ALL the songs they sing and feature on their debut album are by her.

Some of the pieces you'll identify with: "Unbreak My Heart", "How Do I Live", "Because You Loved Me", and "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing".  But there are other songs that are new like "Break", "Would I Know", and "Time Stand Still".

If you love to listen to beautiful, romantic songs backed with richly scored overtones, this would make a superb addition to your music library.

No comments: