Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Preparing for the Inevitable

Ever get a bee in your bonnet?  For some reason last night, I got the notion to do a little house cleaning in my documents folder on my computer.

Up until now, all of my works have been saved by book name.  Inside that folder for that book is the original manuscript, an FTP version, my book contract, other various forms needed, my cover art (in about 4 size varieties), and odd jpegs needed for the video, just to mention a few of the more important items.

But then I got to thinking... what if something should happen to me?  How will hubby know which books are finished, which are published, and which are still being worked on?

So I created three new folders:  Contracted, Ready to Submit, and WIPs.  Then I quickly dropped all of my books into the appropriate folder, which did a lot to ease the visual clutter. 

I feel better for doing it, too.  This way, my family can pick up where I left off.

Rather morbid, don't you think?

No comments: