Sunday, November 8, 2009

A Funny Thing Happened on My Way to the Con...and Back, Part 3

Friday morning I went sightseeing. If you've ever wanted to live in a Norman Rockwell painting, where the streets are lined with trees covered in rich shades of orange, gold, and red, then the villages of Airmont, Suffern, and all those little places like that which are nestled at the foot of the small mountain range in that part of New York/New Jersey is where you want to be.

I stopped at a small nursery/market that had transformed itself into a sort of Halloween fairground. This kind of place evoked so many wistful memories for me, I couldn't pass up stopping and checking it out.

I was even blown away by the bins of apples, Indian corn, pumpkins, and other fresh produce.

Friday afternoon was check-in time at the con. That night was a mixer.
I read palms. So late Friday night I participated in a little "dabbling", surrounded by three other fantastic authors with "seeing" abilities. It was fun, it was intriguing, and I had a pounding headache when we were done (a one-hour event stretched into 2+ hours), but it was incredible!

No comments: