Monday, February 16, 2009

For the Love of Reading - Book or Movie?

READ THE BOOK THAT INSPIRED THE MOVIE!

If I had a nickel for every time I've seen that promo splashed across a paperback...

I was in Hastings Sunday, and there it was again for a YA book whose title I don't recall off-hand (something with a big silver lower case "e" on it?).

Anyway, when was the last time you read the book THEN saw the movie, and hated the movie? Or you saw the movie THEN read the book, and hated the book?

If you read the book, do you usually find yourself disappointed with the way Hollywood "interpreted" it? Or do you avoid one if you've done the other?

I do know that the last time I read the book AND saw the movie, and was delighted by both, was Time After Time with Malcolm McDowell, David Warner, and Mary Steenburgen. Of course, the fact that Nicholas Meyer wrote the book AND directed the movie may have had something to do with that. :D

No comments: