Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Now Available! CODE 30 by Gail Smith (Linda Mooney w/a)


CODE 30
Tales of Supernatural Horror
by Gail Smith
Tease Publishing(ebook)
Word Count: 33.3K

Hello. My name is Alexis Hembree and I’m a cop. My partner and I are good at our jobs. Except we don’t tend to work what others would call a "normal" police beat. For some reason we draw evil toward us like flies to sugar.

Sometimes there are things in this world we can’t explain or anticipate. And when they happen, when they show up, when they cross that line between their world and ours, we have to deal with them as best we can. It’s our job to stop them. Even if it may cost us our lives.

303 Lexington Street
It was a crack house. Except, in this case, drug dealers went in but didn’t come out. Not alive. In body bags. What’s more, if everyone who went inside ended up being shredded to death, who was doing the killing?

Georgie Porgie
The killer targeted women. Young, old, prostitutes, business women, it didn’t matter. One moment they would be walking down the sidewalk in the middle of town, and the next what was left of their bodies would be found in a nearby alleyway. Devoured. That’s why I had to be the next one to walk the streets. To draw out whoever was doing this. To be his next victim.

The Farewell
He murdered young girls by crucifying them with ice picks. He was slick, elusive, and heading for our city. My partner and I were damned and determined this murderer would get no further. Unfortunately I couldn’t keep my head on the job. But neither could I ignore the weird-ass dreams I was having about this deviate. This case was becoming more personal, more foreboding, and more dangerous with each passing day. And there was no damn way I could avoid what I dreamt would the final outcome.

No comments: