Friday, June 6, 2008

This is SO WRONG.

As if it's not bad enough that we're distracted from our driving with our cell phones, eating, putting on makeup, our iPods, etc., etc.

Now this company makes a cradle for your laptop so you can hang it off your steering wheel.

I used to know an assistant principal who took college courses at night. She would drive two hours one way, and on the trip she would read her assignments (or do her assignments) for that evening. Her hubby had made a little cradle to fit on top of her dash so she could prop up her textbook to read on the way. Every morning I had fears of her not showing up for work that day because she'd been in an accident.

Let's hope that whoever buys this little gizmo uses it ONLY when their vehicle is in PARK!

3 comments:

Diana Castilleja said...

You know, I can see the functionality of it, BUT...

Yeah, I wonder how long it will take for it to kill enough people to be outlawed and banned. It's taken decades for the use of cellphones and driving to cause enough deaths because people eat with one hand and talk with the other.

barbara huffert said...

I can't imagine anything being so important that you'd risk an accident by using this while driving.

Angelia Sparrow said...

Oh gods...

I'm a professional driver.
I just know I'll be seeing those soon enough.